We’ve had a lot of questions about Digital Mainstreet and the Digital Transformation Grant. In response, we decided to write a quick article addressing the most popular questions and how restaurants can take advantage of this great grant.
What is the Digital Transformation Grant?
In October, the Province of Ontario and the Ontario Business Improvement Area Association (OBIAA) announced the Digital Transformation Grant. It is a one-time $2,500 grant that restaurants inside of a BIA or central business district can apply for. The grant is to help main street businesses improve their digital operations. There are only 2000 grants available
Digital operations you say… what are some examples for my restaurant?
- Build an amazing new website (on
- New POS software – i.e. Square for Restaurants, TouchBistro and others
- Social media or marketing software – i.e. Mailchimp email marketing
What’s required to apply for the grant?
Restaurants that would like to apply for $2,500 Digital Transformation Grant must:
- Complete a survey – Determine your current technology use and areas of improvement. (10 minutes)
- Complete the online training program – The training are videos and organized into 10 topics. You will need to complete quizzes after each topic along with a final quiz. (8 hours)
- Create a Digital Transformation Plan –The plan includes outlining business goals, required purchases, a way to achieve the business goals, and how you’ll measure success. (2 hours)
How long will it take to receive the $2,500?
The application gets reviewed by the OBIAA. Once approved, the restaurant will receive a grant agreement to sign. From application to approval takes about 3-4 weeks based on the experience of our restaurants so far.
I’m convinced. I need a new restaurant website and I want to know what Sociavore can do.
Sociavore is an approved restaurant website vendor with the Digital Main Street Program and with our support our clients have been successful at receiving the $2,500 grant.
We power websites for hundreds of the leading restaurants in Canada and the US including Gusto 101, Madrina and Beertown. Restaurants love working with us because we’re also restaurant owners and care about the guest experience as much as they do.
- your own amazing mobile-responsive website completely optimized for your restaurant’s business goals
- guest messaging
- social media publishing & Instagram-importing
- catering & private dining form builder
- event management
- integrations with services such as OpenTable, Mailchimp, and others
Does Sociavore have a plan that gets the most out of the Digital Transformation Grant?
You bet. But,
50 (41 left) exclusive Digital Transformation Grant packages (a $5,000+ value for just $2,500).
- Support and personalized assistance with the Digital Transformation Grant application including the Digital Transformation plan
- Access to the full suite of
- We build your restaurant website and get it ready for launch in 10 business days